Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Room has a wonderful display window (Again)

Display window for The Room, The Hudson's Bay store, Seymour Street entrance, Vancouver, BC

I love good display windows. They catch your eye and make you pay attention. Good windows show off the merchandise, but also create a special little world that draws you in and makes you think.

This display window at the downtown Vancouver Hudson's Bay store, for The Room, is consistently great. (The Room is the department for the high-end designer clothing sold at The Hudson's Bay stores.)

The displays are simple, usually just a couple of mannequins, but the foregrounds, floors, and backgrounds are wonderful. They are evocatively seasonal and the displays are changed quite often. I make a special point of going by the store to have a look at the window and take a few photos.

Will I buy any clothes from The Room? No, I don't buy high-end designer women's wear. But I will write about the displays, and tell my students. You never know. They may spring for some fabulous fashions.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home