Thursday, April 23, 2015

It is not a question if I can't say no

White paper download request, MarketingWeek.com (April 20, 2015)

This week I received an email from MarketingWeek.com. In the email was an offer to receive a white paper on social media. I was interested and filled out the form.

I was not necessarily happy for "3rd parties" to get my details so I didn't tick that box.

I received the message in red to tell me that I had not acquiesced to the site's conditions.

White paper download request, MarketingWeek.com (April 20, 2015) (Detail)
Well, if it is a question, then I can say "yes" or "no". In this case "no" is not an option. All I can answer is "yes".
White paper download request, MarketingWeek.com (April 20, 2015) (Detail)
If I can't say no then it is a demand not a question.

I think this sort of duplicitous tactic is one thing that drives consumers round the bend. So why would a firm in the marketing business think that this course of action is acceptable when dealing with its customers?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home