Saturday, April 25, 2015

The TD Bank is doing it again (And some people will be getting rather annoyed.)

Metro (Vancouver Edition), April 21, 2015

For the past 10 years or so the Toronto Dominion (TD) bank has been giving away electronic goodies to encourage consumers to change their financial institution.

In the early days it was iPods, but in recent years it has been tablets of one sort or another.

I'm sure that this promotion much be successful, or else TD would not continue to do it. But as a loyal TD customer I'm just about at my breaking point. I've been banking with TD for decades and where is my free tablet?

And I'm not the only person who is a bit miffed by this promotion. Evidently the counter staff don't like it much either. They have to deal with grumpy customers wondering how they can get the free goodies that the bank is handing out to anyone willing to switch from another bank.

In an effort to placate angry customers, in recent years TD has done a draw for one free goodie per branch. And as my odds are probably 1 in 1000 or so I'd be better off buying a lottery ticket and hoping for the best.

Will this be the year that pushes me over the edge? Perhaps. It depends on the goodies that the other financial institutions are offering.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home