Saturday, August 1, 2015

Well, what did I expect?

Coffee machine at 7-Eleven location, Smithe Street, Vancouver, BC
The $1.00 latte was pretty dreadful. I had intended to go to the coffee shop across the street, but it closed early.

And so, taking my tastebuds in hand I ventured across the street to 7-Eleven and gave the $1.00 latte a try. I got my dollar's worth. My latte was machine made with coffee beans and real milk. (I saw one of the employees reloading the milk reservoir from a 4 litre jug of milk.)

If you were desperate it was drinkable, but it resembled cafe lattes only inasmuch as it had the same proportions of coffee and milk.

Would I buy another one. No. Is it value for $1.00? Probably, but just not for me. Removing the labour content reduces the costs and therefore the price, but it also removes the soul and consequently much of the flavour.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home