Friday, January 16, 2015

Just because you love me does not mean you understand me

Target Loves Canada logo
The biggest marketing news in Canada this week was the decision by Target to pull out of the Canadian market.

I am not all that surprised that Target decided to pull the plug on the Canadian stores, but I remain surprised that the firm let things get as bad as they did.

Empty shelves, high prices, and stores that looked pretty much abandoned did not create a good first impression.

The fact that Target's colour scheme was the same and the gone  but not all that lamented Zellers did not help. The new Target stores looked like too similar to Zellers stores, and that didn't help.

I think that Target Canadian's love of the retailer for granted. Canadian had fallen in love with the US stores and, not unrealistically, expected the same experience in Canada. That is not too much to ask for.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home