Thursday, January 15, 2015

One of my favourite coffee shops has expanded to Toronto

Sign in Caffe Artigiano, Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC

Yesterday I saw this sign in a branch of Caffe Artigiano in Vancouver. This coffee shop makes a big deal out of the latte art that its baristas create. When my brother, a very keen coffee drinker, came to Vancouver I introduced him to Artigiano. (The next time he came and I had to up my game and introduce him to Musette Caffe, the cycling-themed coffee shop.)

And now Artigiano has opened a branch in Toronto. The Toronto location is about 1/2 a block from a Starbucks. (Which is both a blessing and a curse.)

Consumers say they want good coffee, and yet the biggest share of the market goes to purveyors of mass-produced coffee-like beverages, rather than really good coffee.

I wish Caffe Artigiano the best of luck in Toronto. May good coffee flourish everywhere.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home