Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Needlessly confusing

Sign in a United Church parking lot
I've moved, and as a result I had to find a new pre-school for my daughter. Looking for a pre-school with a spare space at the beginning of the school year is bit of a "needle in the haystack" adventure.

But, we found a spot at a Montessori school that rents space from a United church. Parents dropping off kids can use the church's parking lot. The church service and Montessori class schedules don't offer much overlap.

I saw this sign and it took me a while to decide if it was merely confusing, or if it went the whole hog and was really confusing. I decided it was really confusing.

The public are to park on the right and the staff are to park on the left. But the word "public" is on the left and the word "staff is on the right. It would make more sense if the wording was done like this.

Suggestion  for Parking Sign
Now, does that not make more sense? Certainly less confusing. Oh well, we can but hope that someone will grow a brain and design some signs that are a bit more logical.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home