Thursday, February 15, 2018

Great way to promote something that you don't offer.


Advertisement for TransLink's Compass Card

I use TransLink's Compass Card. It is a stored value card that can be used across the TransLink system. I've used mine on the SkyTrain, SeaBus and on both trolley and diesel buses.

A couple of days ago I saw this advertisement for the Compass Card on a bus on Bowen Island and noticed that it showed a vessel in the background.

Advertisement for TransLink's Compass Card (Detail showing ferry)
The problem is that vessel is not part of TransLink and I can't use my Compass card to pay for a journey on that vessel.

The vessel pictured appears for be the Queen of Capilano which is part of the BC Ferries system. 

Queen of Capilano
(Source: https://www.bcferries.com/files/images/about/bcf-qcap-ferry-649x254.jpg)


To travel on the Queen of Capilano I need to use an Experience card, which is issued by BC Ferries. However, almost everyone who uses the bus on Bowen Island will have travelled on the ferry to get to the island. 

But this is just confusing for users. Either that or a change is on the way and soon I'll be able to use my Compass Card to pay for a journey on the ferry. 

I'm not holding my breath.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home