Sunday, November 12, 2017

The way of the future?

Insert accompanying subscription renewal form
(Bloomberg Businessweek)

Is this a foretelling? I see a day, in the not too distant future, when pretty much all magazines will cease to publish paper versions.

I think that will be a shame. Now I'm not a complete lucite who rejects all technology. (A blog with over 1,000 posts from someone who has been writing for the WWW since the mid 1990s would seem to indicate that I'm comfortable with the technology.)

No, I like the sheer randomness of print. I can leaf through a magazine, or newspaper, and come across a story that I find absolutely fascinating. And one that an algorithm never would have picked for me.

So, yes, I see a day when none of my magazines will arrive on paper and I'll be a bit sad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home