Sunday, February 28, 2016

Raising awareness, but is it having a real effect?

Pink Shirt Day awareness event, Vancouver City Centre SkyTrain station, Vancouver, BC 

Pink Shirt Day, February 24, 2016, was pretty much inescapable this year. The signs were all over. London Drugs sold the tee shirts, and I wore mine to school. At my daughter's primary school they talked about bullying.

But in conversations with my students, especially female ones, the concern is that while schools talk about preventing bullying, so much of it happens online and most schools are unable or unwilling to tackle the problem.

In a few years I'm sure that our family will have to deal with and it is not a prospect that I'm looking forward to.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home