Friday, December 5, 2014

Some frame layouts are better than others (And that hurts some campaigns)

Triple Arc'teryx poster at Broadway Commercial SkyTrain station, Vancouver, BC

Triple Arc'teryx poster at Broadway and Cambie SkyTrain station, Vancouver, BC

Arc'teryx is doing quite a bit of transit advertising at the moment. (And by the way, Arc'teryx is a great local (North Vancouver-based) brand with top quality clothing and equipment.)

Although I've been riding the SkyTrain for years, I had not noticed just how different the poster frames were from station to station.  The smaller gap between frames in the top picture means that the poster series just makes more sense. In the bottom picture the continuation of the garments across the three frames does not visually scan as well.

Am I obsessed with transit advertising? At times it must seem so. I just think that I pay more attention to advertising than the average passenger. (And I'm not sure if paying that much attention is a good thing or a bad thing.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home