Friday, November 28, 2014

It's almost done, but my mustache is still pretty unconvincing

Movember sign, Bowen Island, BC

Although the term "Movember" has been around since 1999, the connection with prostate cancer didn't start until 2004.

This year the advertising signs were pretty creative, especially since this was a municipal election year in British Columbia. I also liked the conversion of the Bowen Island's name in this sign strung over the main road leading from the ferry.

Movember sign, Bowen Island, BC

I've participated in Movember for the past few years, but my attempts at growing facial hair are never very convincing. I have length but no density. So a full beard is completely out of the question.

But prostate cancer is lurking out there in my future, my paternal grandfather had it but still living into his early 90s. So, I do what I can for the cause.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home