Tuesday, December 2, 2014

McDonald's is getting ready to disappoint customers

McDonald's billboard, Vancouver, BC

It appears that McDonald's is intent to take over all of our food requirements. In addition to ground coffee, McDonald's want us bring home the "Holiday ShareBox".

With chicken nuggets, fries, cookies, and a couple of soft drinks, this would appear to be competing head on with offerings from Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).

So, if I buy this I will get everything in the picture. Right?

Well actually I don't. The two Coke glasses in the background are not part of the offer. So, if they are not part of the offer, why show them? Why not show me the paper cups that you are going to give to me?

McDonald's is not showing the fires on a plate, or the chicken nuggets in a bowl, so why show the Coke in a glass? My guess is branding. The glasses are obviously Coke glasses and are embossed with the Coke logo, and because the glasses are transparent we can assume that the beverage inside is Coke. (Although from a photo would you be able to differentiate Coke from Diet Coke, root beer or even Pepsi?)

I wonder if any pedantic customers will complain that they are not getting the Coke glasses with the "Holiday ShareBox"? Given the litigious times we live in, I suspect it will happen sooner rather than later.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home