Friday, April 18, 2014

Great promotion! (Too bad it's over.)

Sign in Starbucks, Granville and Georgia, Vancouver, British Columbia (April 2, 2014)
Sign in Starbucks window, West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia

As part of my retail consulting practice, I have developed an extensive checklist for retail stores. In addition to basic items such as dead light bulbs and empty hangers, I also look for out-of-date signage.

One of the most important jobs for a store manager is to do a daily walk through. They should try to look at the store through the customer's eyes.

Outdated promotional signage, such as this, should come down immediately. On April 9th the signs were still up at the West Broadway location. I removed them and handed them to the counter staff. (The signs had come down on time at other Starbucks locations.)

If I had not pulled the signs down, I wonder how much longer they would have remained on the store window?



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home