Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sorry, we only have one blueberry


I love wacky English on signs. According to this sign, the Farmers Market (Don't get me started on the missing apostrophe.) only has one blueberry on sale. This could mean that there is only one blueberry available at the sale price and the rest are regular price.

The thing about this that is most disappointing is that this sign is in Richmond, British Columbia. I'm used to weird English on signs in places where English is the second or third language. (When I was visiting factories in Korea in 1988 I saw a sign in a shop that proudly proclaimed, "You want it? We had it!")

I guess the owners of the market hope that their potential customers will make allowances and assume that poor English means better prices.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home