Monday, April 16, 2012

What makes this a Business-to-Business advertisement?

I found this advertisement on the back cover of BC Home magazine, a trade publication for home builders in British Columbia.
When I teach marketing I usually have students asking about Business-to-Business (B2B) marketing. Most of them have had very little exposure to B2B marketing. And there is a good reason for that. Consumers, like my students, are not the target for B2B marketing, so marketers should not waste their money placing those advertisements where Business-to-Consumer (B2C) customers will see them.
Another big difference between B2B and B2C advertising is that B2B advertising talks about value and long-term costs much more than B2C advertising. And that is one reason why consumers are flocking to dollar stores and buying, as my brother-in-low describes it, "cheap crap made in China". Low acquisition cost, but much more frequent replacement. So, higher overall per-use costs.
How many times have I mentioned, "penny wise and pound foolish"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home