Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Where does my mind go?

Top 100 Baby Purees by Annabel Karmel

My first and fleeting thought when I saw this book cover was that it was about eating babies, and as Flanders and Swann said, "Eating people is wrong". 



I know that my first thought was rather silly, but the problem for marketers is that any misunderstanding of their branding or promotional material will probably happen. Much of this can be prevented, but for many marketers the misunderstandings are the result of carelessness.

One of my favourite mistakes was on the sign for a children's consignment clothing store. The sign on the front of the store lacked any punctuation and resulted in a rather different meaning that was intended by the owners.

Sign outside Kid's Exchange store
(Source: http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/kidsexchange.jpg)

I'm not sure if this place is still offering the "kid sex change", but if it does the prices have probably gone up.  

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home