Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sorry, I don't read Korean, but it does look like a lovely TV

Advertisement for LG OLED TV on BBC website
(Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42386893)
I am officially perplexed. I saw this advertisement on the BBC News website. (It was adjacent to an article on the ongoing weirdness of the Bitcoin market.)

I think that the non-English text is in Korean, a language that I don't understand. But I can't understand why this version of the advertisement, with almost no English text, is on an English-language website.

Either a weird piece of creative, or a rather ill-advised media buy. Either way, someone's not doing their job.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 18, 2017 at 1:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Have you been looking for a cheap TV recently? (These computer things know too much about our lives sometimes.)

 
At December 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM , Blogger simon @ mba4rent said...

I'm glad that something knows about my life, because at times I have trouble figuring it out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home