Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I have not seen this since the mid-1970s

Front of Kraft Dinner "Original" package

I've seen Kraft Dinner in the shops and have seen it there for years. But this particular box of Kraft Dinner was something special. It had no UPC bar code.

Since the 1970s retailers have insisted on UPC bar codes on all consumer packaged goods. I wonder how the heck this stuff is making it into the store?

Sometime you will see packages without a UPC code, but this is not a package that is intended to be sold individually. Halloween candies are a good example.

But I have no idea how this happened. The package does have a QR code on the bottom, but this could not be read by the checkout scanner. (And the QR readers that I have on my phone didn't like it either.)
Bottom of Kraft Dinner "Original" package

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home