Friday, September 4, 2015

Out of action and confusing to use

Self-serve kiosk, McDonald's, Renfrew Street, Vancouver, BC

This kiosk was out of action two days ago and was still out of action yesterday. This does not speak highly of the reliability of the system.

But that is not my main complaint with the system. The customization options are well hidden. Now that is not completely surprising as customization costs time and money.

An employee was available to walk me through the process and when I could not find the customization menu he told me me that was why he was available.

All well and good, but if the software was well designed in the first place I would not need him on hand to show me how to use the kiosk. It should be logical and obvious. So, still some work to go to get this system ready for broader public rollout.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home