Sunday, May 10, 2015

If it is not a baby wipe then what is it?

Antiseptic wipe package, ambulance, Vancouver, BC

A few days ago I found myself sitting in the front of an ambulance. In the space between the seats I saw this package of wipes. Evidently just because something looks safe to use on your baby does not mean that it actually is.

This is a probably a regular problem. Consumers assume that a product in a familiar package is what they expect it to be. While this sticker on the top of the lid is one way of alerting users, I wonder if there are others? This is a regular problem for industrial designers, using product and packaging design to provide additional information to the consumer.

I just wonder what sort of packaging might be both practical as a dispenser, and distinctive enough to alert users to the fact that the wipes are not suitable for use on babies?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home