Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How can I "But" it? And should I?

I was trawling around eBay and found this listing.

Specialized S-Works Epic FSR 29er Carbon Full-Suspension Mountain Bike 21.2lbs!!

The photograph accompanying the listing looked a bit too professional for your usual eBay listing.

Source:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Specialized-S-Works-Epic-FSR-29er-Carbon-Full-Suspension-Mountain-Bike-21-2lbs-/130837187186?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item1e76810a72
When I looked, the price for the auction was just over $700 dollars, a killer deal, but something about this just looked fishy. 

The next part of the listing was the "nail in the coffin". 
Source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Specialized-S-Works-Epic-FSR-29er-Carbon-Full-Suspension-Mountain-Bike-21-2lbs-/130837187186?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item1e76810a72
You know, I've always wanted to "But it Now".

This may have been on the up and up, but something about this just did not seem quite right. $2350 would be a amazing deal for a bicycle that usually retailer almost $10,000. But if something seems too good to be true, then it usually is.

I followed up with the vendor and was informed that the frame size is 54 centimetres. This was another red flag as that would be a massive frame for a mountain bike, and does not fit at all with the photo.I checked on the Specialized website and the largest frame (XL) is 52 centimetres. I asked about the make and model of the components and received no reply.

Something, well pretty much everything, about this auction, does not seem quite right. I won't be bidding.

Postscript: The auction disappeared and I never did hear back from the vendor. I guess if something looks to good to be true it usually is.







 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home