Friday, January 18, 2013

It came a long way

Coopers Sparkling Ale from Adelaide, South Australia
Yesterday, I bought a six-pack of my favourite beer. Coopers Sparking Ale is made in my home town, Adelaide, South Australia.

There are other better known Australian beers including the pretty unpalatable Fosters. Coopers is a far better beer, but it is produced by a family owned and run brewery. (In fact it is the largest remaining Australian-owned brewery.) Thus it lacks the marketing clout, and advertising budget, of the bigger breweries.

So, does it really need to come all the way from Adelaide? Yes. The beer is quite distinctive and deserves a bigger chunk of the market.

So, in answer to the inevitable questions. 1) No they didn't pay me. 2) No, I actually don't know anyone at Coopers, however my father did go to school with a member of the family. 3) Yes, I had a bottle with my dinner this evening. 4) Yes, you can go to the firm's website to find out more about the company, its beers and where to buy them in your neck of the woods. http://www.coopers150th.com.au/



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home