Friday, July 20, 2012

Save 25%, but what does that mean?

eMail from The Globe and Mail
Almost 3 months ago I received a call from The Globe and Mail offering me a free 90-day subscription. Well, I like the paper, and I'm not one to turn down a free subscription.

A few weeks ago I received a call to offer me a discount on a subscription, which I turned down as the price was still a bit more than I wanted to pay.

And not I get this email which offers me 25% savings. But my question is 25% off what? I can understand that the paper offers different prices in different places. (Cheaper in Toronto where there are tons of subscribers, and more expensive is remote areas where subscribers are few and far between.)

But The Globe and Mail knows where I live, and so even if the paper offers geography-based prices, they know my geography and so should be able to tell me how much I'll have to pay. (In this case $30.14 per month including taxes.)

But perhaps they think that they have a better chance of getting me to subscribe if I click through to the subscription page to find out how much I will have to pay. I am just looking for more honesty and clarity from the firms I deal with.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home