Thursday, July 19, 2012

Producion code, we don't need no stinking production code

Source: tide.ca
Where is the production code? Source: tide.ca
The "neck of the bottle at the back".
I recently purchased a bottle of a new variety, Mountain Spring®, of Tide. Even after two extra rinses the aroma was still overpowering. So according to the Tide website I had to tell Proctor & Gamble who I was, and also about the product. One the pieces of information that Tide requested was the "Production Code". According to the Tide website the production code is "printed on the neck of the bottle at the back". So, if you look at the photo above you can clearly see the absence of the printed production code. So where is the production code?

This may, or may not, be the production code
So, is this the production code? I have no idea. But as it is printed a bit off-centre I am guessing that it was done after the main label was printed.

In the absence of a production code where I was told to look for one, I think that this might be it. But obviously the website is not keeping up with changes in the factory. And, as a result, the people in customer service have less information to work with. This batch of Tide may in fact be defective with extra "Mountain Spring" added, but no one will ever know and I'll never buy this variety of Tide again. And that probably isn't something that Proctor & Gamble wants to hear from any customer.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home