Friday, June 22, 2012

Does this make sense?

Real Estate sign in Vancouver, BC
Does the text on the bottom sign, "For services in Mandarin or Cantonese please contact *** at 604-305-2795" make sense?

If I only speak Mandarin or Cantonese there is probably a pretty good chance that I can only read Chinese characters. So, does this sign really help?

I'm of two minds. On one hand, since I can't read the three Chinese characters on the sign I'm in no position to judge. For all I know they might stand for "Chinese Real Estate Agent". On the other hand I think that a more complete Chinese-language explanation of the services available might be in order.

Just another case of not knowing enough to know what I don't know.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home