Friday, June 24, 2016

Oh so close (Or how paying attention to all of those little things can make the good even better)

Yesterday I wrote about Thinkific and the firm's platform for delivering online courses. I signed up and then went online to have more of a look around the site. I saw a link for a case study on building sales and signed up. This is part of the reply that I received.

eMail from thinkific.com with link to case study.

The response was quick and I downloaded the case study. But in reading over the eMail I noticed the line, "The next step if you haven't already done so is to create your own Thinkific account". This surprised me as I had already created my own Thinkific account. How hard would it be to link the two databases, accounts and prospects, to customize this email?

I looked over the case study. It is filled with useful and practical tips and a step-by-step guide taking you through how John Michaloudis of myexcelonline built a successful online business using Thinkific. All well and good, until I get to the last page. This lists the Thinkific's street address as #604-55 East Cordova Street.

Company address on "0 to 20,000/month with Webinars & Thinkific Case Study"
(Source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebr00n6aup37e6c/Thinkific-Webinars_CaseStudy.pdf?dl=0) 

However, when I go to the Thinkific website I see that the firm is currently located on Alexander Street.

"Contact Us" page on Thinkific website
(Source: https://www.thinkific.com/contact/)

Yes, I know that I'm being petty and that most people would never notice stuff like this. For a business that does all of its business online is the street address really important?

Well yes and no. Having the current address on the PDF will probably not lead to a big increase in business, but it does speak to a thoroughness that I'd like to see in any firm I do business with.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home