Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Changing behaviour and saving time, but will it improve quality?

Advertisement for Starbucks order and payment app, Granville SkyTrain station, Vancouver, BC

Now I can use a smartphone app, iPhone or Android, to pre-order my beverage at Starbucks and it will be ready by the time I arrive at the store. Sounds great, or is it?

If I remember, Starbucks used to make a big deal about using all espresso shots within 15 seconds. If the beverage are made in advance, rather than made to order, I guess that 15 seconds of freshness goes out the window.

What's next? All beverages made in a centralized plant and sent out to the customers via drone? Or just coffee drones flying around delivering beverages on demand.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home