Sunday, January 3, 2016

The right ad at the right time

Interac advertisement, West Broadway, Vancouver, BC

Intrerac is continuing its annual Christmas campaign against credit cards, or to be more specific against credit card debt. For consumers who incur large debts on their credit cards, and make only the minimum payment, the repayment period is just plain silly. I looked at a very large bill I had and it would take me over 50 years to pay off the entire amount. (I learned my lesson long ago and never carry a balance on my credit cards.)

The billboard, a take on a line from the TV special of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", "You a mean one, Mr. Grinch", will surely resonate with consumers. Whether it will get them to change their payment habits is another matter altogether.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home