Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Simons and Nordstrom, take 2

Simons logo
(Source: http://css.simonscdn.ca/simons/css/images/logo_print.png?version=1593)

Nordstrom logo 
(Source: http://www.logodekho.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Nordstrom-Logo.jpg)


Yesterday I paid a return to trip to both Simons and Nordstrom.

For Simons I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is that service was not much better. I was only greeted once by the staff. Some of the very same staff that ignored me on my first visit ignored me again this time.

However, there is some good news for Simons, the level of service at Nordstrom has declined since the store opened.

While the two stores do have some similarities, Nordstrom is certainly more upscale in both the brands it carries and the prices charged. (The $3500 Shinola bicycle is not something that we'd ever find at Simons.) The comparison between the two stores is not 100% fair, but it is something that some consumers will do.

I hope that Simons succeeds. The product selection is quite good and the prices are very attractive. But if the quality of customer service does not improve pretty quickly customers will be voting with their wallets.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home