Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Is this the most overused metaphor in advertising?

C-Tow advertisement, Pacific Yachting (April 2015)
I've probably lost count of the number of times I've seen the Swiss Army Knife used as a metaphor advertising. For many years it seemed to be the visual of choice for computer software makers, especially software utilities. And now this. Perhaps if I did more stuff on boats this would make more sense to me.

In a future post I'll put together some of the many advertisements that I've seen that use the Swiss Army Knife. But in the meanwhile let's ponder how "The Auto Club of the Sea" is like a Swiss Army Knife.

C-Tow vessel, Bowen Island, BC

Branding on side of C-Tow Vessel, Bowen Island, BC

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home