Thursday, September 17, 2015

Designed to fail

Telus mobile telephone charging station, Science World at Telus World of Science, Vancouver, BC
At one point Pelican, a manufacturer of waterproof cases and flashlights, guaranteed the cases with three exclusions. Bear attack, shark attack, and children under five.

I fear that this recharging station fell prey to the later. The power cords need to be long enough to make plugging in easy, but that extra length can also mean that the cords can be trapped in the doors.

The doors fit flush to reduce the likelihood that someone will be able to force open the door and steal the mobile telephone inside. The cord was so well jammed that I could not get the door to number 3 open, and the power cord that I needed to recharge my phone in compartment number 2 was stuck in compartment number 3.

Given the enthusiasm that my young daughter has for "helping" with things like this, I'm sure that it was some other young helper that jammed the cords inside.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home