Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Making things confusing

Laptop memory choices, Best Buy website
(Source: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/laptops-ultrabooks/20352.aspx?NVID=BTS2015categorynav_computinggroup_laptops_en)
I might be looking for a new computer, so I had a look at the Best Buy website to see what the options were.

This list of System Memory (RAM) options is one of the most confusing things that I have ever seen. I would be good if the options sorted from smallest to largest. But no, the memory options are listed by the first digit in the memory size. Hence 12 GB and 16 GB are listed between 1 GB and 2 GB. (And don't get me started about the apparent difference between 12GB and 12 GB.)

If you confuse the customer you will just send them elsewhere. And they may never come back.

Can Best Buy really afford that? Not if the firm hopes to avoid the fate of Future Shop. (And yes, I do know that Future Shop was owned by Best Buy.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home