Monday, August 10, 2015

How do you eat a bowl of chilli?

Bowl of chilli, Central City, Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC
Last week I was in at Red Racer, a new restaurant on Beatty Street in Vancouver. I ordered a bowl of chili for dinner.

The chilli came in a simple white bowl with a plank of wood as a serving tray. No problem there.

But how would you eat a bowl of chilli? Knife and fork? That is what the staff gave me. Knife and fork wrapped up in a black fabric napkin. I had to ask for a spoon.

The black napkin and plank serving tray were nice touches, but thinking that I would need a knife to eat chilli is a bit bizarre.

As I've said before, another of the million little details that separate good from great.

And is it my imagination or does that look like a slice of Kraft processed cheese on top of the chilli?


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home