Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Is Shoppers Drug Mart taking over Loblaw?

Carnaby Sweet candies at The Real Canadian Superstore, Vancouver, BC

Carnaby Sweet candies at The Real Canadian Superstore, Vancouver, BC (Detail)

I thought that Shoppers Drug Mart had been purchased by Loblaw. I've seen President's Choice products on the shelf at Shoppers, but this is a first. Yesterday I was at a branch of The Real Canadian Superstore and saw lots of Carnaby Sweet candies on the shelf. This is a private label brand of Shoppers Drug Mart, so why is it on the shelf at The Real Canadian Superstore?

The quality of Carnaby Sweet is pretty ordinary, so my guess is that Loblaw is just using the Superstores to get rid of the remaining stock. Once the inventory is gone, I don't expect to see any repeat orders on the shelf.

Although the name, Carnaby Sweet, is quite clever.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home