Sunday, February 1, 2015

The omnipresent nature of Frozen

Heys luggage advertisement on a bus shelter, Vancouver, BC
Heys luggage advertisement on a bus shelter, Vancouver, BC (Detail of Frozen suitcase)
I have a young daughter, so it is not surprising that she is well aware of the movie Frozen. (In fact it was the first movie we went to.)

While I expect Disney films to spin off quite a lot of licensed merchandise, the sheer overwhelming volume of products related to Frozen is a bit mind boggling. But for me the most interesting part of the licensing is the new retail channels that it opens up. Would you otherwise think of Toys R Us as a place to buy luggage? Without the license from Disney for the Cars and Frozen characters I'm sure Heys would have a hard time getting its luggage into the stores.

Does the license make the luggage any better? No, but I'm sure that it makes it sell better.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home