Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hello sweet 70s! (I hope not.)

Jumpsuit, H&M
(Source: http://www.hm.com/ca/groovy-grace)

Today I received an email from H&M. The subject "Hello sweet 70s!" was bit of a surprise. Yes, I know that the 1970s are coming back. With all of the accompanying polyester hideousness and horrible silhouettes. I just never thought of the 1970s as "sweet".

I can't see me wearing any of those hideous styles again. My mother knitted horrible sweaters in nasty synthetic yarns on HUGE gauge needles. 1970s fashion was comprised of wide legs, polyester fabrics, and lots of contrasting top stitching. Yuck!

Perhaps I'm just getting too old to be a slave to the latest fashions. And if that is the case, then I'm probably happier as a result.

I just wonder how many pantsuits I'll see on the Streets of Vancouver this summer. What's the saying, 'There's a sucker born every minute"?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home