Monday, February 23, 2015

Discounts are starting to get serious (But will this be enough to motivate consumers?)

Advertisement for Target store liquidation, The Vancouver Courier, February 20, 2015 

The liquidation of the Canadian Target stores is now in full swing. The initial round of 10% markdowns was met with a collective yawn from the Canadian consumer and so deeper discounts have to be rolled out to move the remaining goods.

I'm sure that it is hoped that this new round of markdowns will put more customers through the cash register. I've yet to re-enter a Target store in Canada. My experiences with the stores was uniformly disappointing. I just can't see the point of subjecting myself to further misery.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home