Saturday, March 15, 2014

Now 100% metric!

Fido transit shelter advertisement

Tape measure on Fido transit shelter advertisement
No one else notices this stuff. It is not a complaint, just an observation that I notice too much pretty useless junk.

I saw this advertisement for Fido on a transit shelter outside the ferry terminal. The tailor/tape measure visual metaphor is a bit heavy handed, but it gets the point across.

What I find most interesting is that the tape measure is only in metric. Every tape measure that I have is in both inches and centimetres. This one is centimetres only.

I'm not complaining about the absence of imperial units (inches) on the tape measure, I just wonder why the advertising agency felt the need to abandon inches. (Unless the people at the agency didn't even notice, which is unlikely but possible.)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home