Friday, March 14, 2014

The value of doing the little things right

Instruction Book for LEGO Friends 41006
Partial parts list for LEGO Friends 41006
Parts list (detail) for LEGO Friends 41006

My daughter recently had a birthday. I was not at all surprised that she received some LEGO. One of the items was this LEGO Friends kit. As I assembled the kit I discovered a missing piece. A small three by two turquoise LEGO plate.

I called the toll-free number at the back of the instruction book. I was a bit surprised at how helpful and cooperative the person I spoke to was.

The LEGO warehouse in Denmark is going to ship out a tiny piece of LEGO that is worth pennies. And what does LEGO get out of this? A lifetime customer. (Not that I wasn't already a lifetime customer of LEGO.)

The Word-of-Mouth value of this sort of service is not to be undervalued. (Or perhaps no word-or-mouth should be undervalued.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home