Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What does this mean? (And why should I belief it?)

Driftwood Brewery coaster
There must be a certain demographic that this message appeals to. (I just know that I'm not really it.)

Any product that has to tell its potential customers that it is "Effing Great" usually isn't. (Ford had to say that quality was "job one" because Ford's vehicles had such a miserable reputation for quality. Your customers and critics don't come up with acronyms like "Found On Roadside Dead" or "Fix Or Repair Daily" unless there is some underlying evidence.)

So, while this coaster does not make me want to immediately order a pint, I note that the website beeradvocate.com gives the Driftwood Ale a rating of 87 or very good. So I have to balance the boastfulness of the marketing with the evidence of objective evaluations.

Oh twist my arm. In the interest of academic research I will give it a try. And if it is not "Great Effing Beer", Driftwood will hear about it.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home