Thursday, November 15, 2012

The problem with metric (And imperial)

Source: http://asset6.wellmedia.ca/i/307c67f470d7e86498a98c4039152fc9.jpeg
I've just finished dealing with a head cold. I was chugging back 30 ml of DayQuil at a time. And when I got to the bottom of the bottle my final dose was a bit under the 30 ml line in the dose cup.

And once I looked at the size of the bottle it made perfect sense. The size of the bottle is not a exact multiple of 30 ml. But 236 ml is 8 fluid ounces. This is just one of the ongoing problems with imperial to metric conversions. Things just don't work out evenly. Maybe one day Vicks will include the extra 4 ml to make this bottle an even eight doses. Until them all of the Canadian purchasers will just be a bit short on the last dose from the bottle.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home