Friday, September 28, 2012

Making my coffee in the dark

Five working lights and one dead light at Starbucks
Retail stores are filled with lights. As I observed previously, a store like Pottery Barn Kids has hundreds of lights. But this photograph, taken in a Starbucks location in Kelowna, shows a store with only a few dozen lights. But they still have about 10% of them out of action.

I know it may no seem like a big deal, but it does bug me and I think that it shows a  lack of attention to detail, and care about the appearance of the store. There is no way that the management would tolerate a similar failure rate in any other area of store operations, so why lights?

I guess it is probably because changing the dead lights requires dragging out the ladder, disrupting the traffic flow of the store, and showering customers with dust.

Much better to leave the dead lights until the staff are operating in the dark.

Two lights, one working and one dead at Starbucks

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home