Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I want my quarter back!

Shopping Cart at Safeway
It has been quite a few years since grocery stores instituted deposits on their shopping carts. Once you insert your coin in the slot the "key" with the red plastic collar pops out of the socket and you can wheel your cart away. When you return the cart you insert the "key" of the cart in front into the slot opposite your captive coin and the coin is released.

Well, that is the theory. It all depends on the key with the red collar being on the cart in front when you return your cart. And what do I find at my local Safeway?

Shopping cart without a "Key" at Safeway
No "key" with a red collar. This means that I can get my quarter back. It is only a quarter, but Safeway either needs to have a system that works, or abandon it altogether. I know, I'm petty. But retail is a million details, and you either get them right, or suffer the consequences from disgruntled customers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home