Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How often do you hear about someone doing something great?

My daughter has a small toy lamb that she calls BaaBaa.
Like most children with a favourite toy, she carries BaaBaa around everywhere. On more than one occasion she has tossed, or dropped, BaaBaa from her stroller and I've had to to backtrack to find him. (I have no idea why BaaBaa is male.)

When attending a wedding in Victoria, my daughter went to The Bay for lunch with her grandmother. And, disaster of disasters, she left BaaBaa in the restaurant. She was heartbroken. A call to the customer service desk at The Bay revealed that BaaBaa had been turned in by a woman who obviously recognized the importance of this little piece of polyester.

Yesterday a box arrived by Purolator. Inside the kraft paper was a yellow box.


Matt, the guy at the customer service desk at The Bay in Victoria deserves a pay raise. (And whoever in management has decided to staff this desk and pay to return the "lost and found" items has made the right decision.) Yes, this is Matt's job, but the smile on my daugther's face when she opened the box and saw BaaBaa was pretty priceless.

I spend a lot of time on this blog writing about the crummy job that too many companies do when dealing with their customers. This is the sort of service that I used to expect from the big department stores. And, frankly, I didn't think that they did stuff like this any more.

So, full marks to Matt, and full marks to The Bay. In future years I will remind my daughter about the store that returned BaaBaa. I wonder if it will affect her shopping habits? If there is any justice in the world she will be a loyal Bay shopper.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home