Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Illustration that says "Japan"?

Matcha postcard, Blenz Coffee
Match postcard, Blenz Coffee
In a former life I represented illustrators. This despite the fact that I last attended art class in grade 8. But I had a reasonable eye for illustrators and illustration styles.

When I saw this postcard I initially thought of those simple Japanese illustrations. They are characterized by clean and simple line work, solid colour fills, and no shadows. (Also the look of Herge's Tintin.)

Am I making the correct association? Will anyone else make the association? Does it matter?

The postcard's design is clean and simple and is part of the Blenz campaign pitching the superior quality of its Matcha. It will not get me to try the product, but it may convince others.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home