Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Am I a "guest"?

According to the staff at the LEGO store, people who come in buy things are not "customers|, they are "guests".

According to my copy of The Concise Oxford Dictionary a "guest" is, "Person entertained at another's house or table". The dictionary also makes a distinction between a "guest" and a "paying guest". One example of a "paying guest" is a person staying at a hotel.

So, is someone in the LEGO store, someone expected to make a purchase, really a "guest"? I think that "customer" would be a much more honest term to use.

Do I expect LEGO to change? Of course not. Guest is a friendlier term. I'm just not used to having my friends expect me to buy the things in their house.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home