Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Have a better day!

BCAA Logo   Source: http://rcfm.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/BCAA.jpg
Last weekend I was in Kamloops to present at a workshop on Student Engagement at Thompson Rivers University. Two-thirds of the way there the temperature on the car's thermostat went into the red and stayed there. We slowed down to 60 KMPH on the climbs, coasted down the descents, and crawled into Kamloops with the four-way flashers blinking away.

As we are British Columbia Automobile Association (BCAA) members, I called BCAA to get a technician to come and have a look at the car.

The call centre I reached was in Burnaby, a Vancouver suburb.

The best part of the whole experience was the closing remark from the customer service person on the other end of the line. Instead of "Goodbye", "Have a nice day", or "Thank you for calling BCAA", his final remark was "Have a better day".

That sums up what I really wanted for the rest of my day. I just wanted things to get better. Makes me think that BCAA, and its staff, really understands what its customer's are going through.

And that is not really surprising, Close to 100% of BCAA employees drive, and probably know firsthand the frustrations that accompany a breakdown. Sometimes a "better day" is all that a driver can hope for.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home