Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I was expecting something much better

This spring LEGO opened its fourth Canadian store in Vancouver. Today I took my four-year old daughter along for a visit. The store is great and we both loved it. You can buy blocks in bulk, build your own custom LEGO figures (3 for $12.99), and find a HUGE selection of LEGO kits, many only available at the LEGO store.

The store design is great with the ceiling recreating the underside of a 2x4 LEGO brick and the staff are knowledgeable and helpful.

So what is my problem with the store? The business card. It is hideous and the back is a left blank. Both are unforgivable mistakes. For a company that sells design, this crummy business card should be an embarrassment. And the blank back is a shocking waste of valuable space. This would be the obvious place to put your wish list with columns for model numbers and prices.

Retail is a business of details, and this sort of failing is inexcusable.

On my next visit I'll have to ask the manager if this card is a temporary measure, or the mistake it appears to be.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home