Friday, June 8, 2012

Confusing Receipts

Cash register receipt from Skiis & Biikes, Vancouver
Sale conditions on cash register receipt from Skiis & Biikes, Vancouver
While I don't expect to return my purchases to this store, I still find the cash register receipt a bit confusing. Well, it should be more specific, I find the conditions at the bottom of the receipt a bit confusing.

What does "Items purchased at retail" really mean? Is this store selling stuff at wholesale prices out the back door, and I don't know about it? Or do they mean "items sold at regular price"?

And "40 discount or more is a final sale". What, they could not find space for a % symbol after 40?

Most people will be able to muddle through, but the pedantic might have a problem with the lack of clarity. But then I guess that the pedantic have a problem with lots of things in life.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home